Signs and Symptoms of Pancreatic Cancer
The Foundation's goal is to educate the public about the signs and symptoms of pancreatic cancer so that medical care can be sought earlier in its course. These signs and symptoms may include*:
- Upper abdominal pain that may spread to the back
- Yellowing (jaundice) of the skin and the whites of the eyes
- Diminished appetite and/or unexplained weight loss
- Digestive difficulties
- New-onset of diabetes in people over 50
Many diseases and conditions other than
cancer could cause similar signs and symptoms.
It's important to seek professional input from physicians if any of these warning signs are present.
* Provided by National Cancer Institute